IT Technical Web Manager is a critical hire stand-alone position. The successful individual will ensure our client’s website, internal and external sites, and digital products are continually available and meet requirements in terms of integration with other platforms, uptime, speed, updates and patching.
We are keen to speak to professionals with experience managing Linux Web Servers, supporting live hosting environments and maintaining Azure servers and infrastructure.
100% Remote Working: Yes. Work from home.
On offer is an extraordinary career opportunity to work for a world-renowned museum. Our client is engaging in a multi-million-pound digital transformation programme, bringing collections of objects and stories to digital life and giving insight into people’s experiences like never before.
Don’t settle for the ordinary aim for the extraordinary. Contact us for an interview.
IT Technical Web Manager: Key Skills:
To be successful within this role, you will:
- Have excellent Linux Systems Administration experience, preferably Ubuntu.
- Have some Azure infrastructure maintenance experience.
- Have good Web Server experience, e.g. IIS, Apache
- Have web server configuration and deployment expertise.
- Have experience with MySQL and web databases.
- Have at least experience with one of the following: Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Drupal, Redis, DeployHQ or Cloudflare.
- Be capable of working independently.
- Have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
All applicants must reside in the UK and have the right to work.
About the IT Technical Web Manager position:
You will be solely responsible for managing 30 Linux web servers in a live hosting environment, split between development and production environments.
- Managing and supporting the live hosting environments, server arrangements, maintenance, deployment processes and environments for the website and other digital products.
- Managing and maintaining servers and environments necessary for developing, delivering and maintaining internal and external websites.
- Setting up or maintaining monitoring tools and proactively monitoring server performance and capacity.
- Maintaining and improving web environment stability, security, efficiency, and scalability.
- Collaborating with other teams to maintain and develop website project deployment processes and automation strategies.
- Implementing updates, upgrades and patches promptly to limit the loss of service.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: To £60,000 (negotiable)
Remote working: Yes. 100% work from home.
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays. Rising to 30 days after five years.
- 20% discount in all on-site shops
- 25% discount in museum cafes
- Free entry to a large number of other museums and galleries.
Enhanced maternity and paternity: Yes
- Access to Childcare vouchers.
- Access to in-house training programmes and development.
For more information on this IT Technical Web Manager position, please contact us to discuss.
Our client welcomes everyone. They celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join and be themselves at work.
< Go back to candidate page