Linux Systems Administrator with web server experience wanted! Take ownership of our client’s infrastructure environment, including all servers and web hosting environment of all digital assets.
100% Remote Working: Yes. Work from home.
On offer is an extraordinary career opportunity to work for a world-renowned museum. Our client is engaging in a multi-million-pound digital transformation programme, bringing collections of objects and stories to digital life and giving insight into people’s experiences like never before.
Don’t settle for the ordinary aim for the extraordinary. Contact us for an interview.
Linux Systems Administrator - Key Skills:
We are keen to speak to Linux professionals that enjoy supporting large web infrastructure environments.
To be successful within this role, you will:
- Have excellent Linux Systems Administration experience, preferably Ubuntu.
- Have good Web Server experience, e.g. IIS, Apache
- Have web server configuration and deployment expertise.
- Have experience with MySQL and web databases.
- Have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Be comfortable working within an MS Azure environment.
All applicants must reside in the UK and have the right to work.
About the Linux Systems Administrator role:
As Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the live hosting environments, server arrangements, maintenance, deployment processes and environments for the website and other digital assets.
- Managing and maintaining servers and environments necessary for developing, delivering and maintaining internal and external websites.
- Setting up or maintaining monitoring tools and proactively monitoring server performance and capacity.
- Maintaining and improving web environment stability, security, efficiency, and scalability.
- Collaborating with other teams to maintain and develop website project deployment processes and automation strategies.
- Implementing updates, upgrades and patches promptly to limit the loss of service.
Salary and Benefits:
Remote working: Yes. 100% work from home.
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays. Rising to 30 days after five years.
- 20% discount in all on-site shops
- 25% discount in museum cafes
- Free entry to a large number of other museums and galleries.
Enhanced maternity and paternity: Yes
- Access to Child care vouchers.
- Access to in-house training programmes and development.
For more information on this Linux Systems Administrator position, please contact us to discuss.
Our client welcomes everyone. They celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join and be themselves at work.
< Go back to candidate page