IT Infrastructure Manager. No man management responsibilities. 100% hands-on 3rd Line IT Infrastructure Support - Windows Server, AD, and HP Server support experience.
Location: London. On-premises.
Office Based: Yes
Remote Working: No
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work for a world-renowned museum is on the table. Our client is undergoing a multi-million-pound digital transformation programme and has significantly invested in software, systems, and processes to enhance its best-in-class sector position.
This is an excellent opportunity for a 3rd Line IT Infrastructure enthusiast to work in an exciting industry. Participate in exciting projects such as supporting the IT infrastructure for a Netflix documentary and the auction sale of Sir Michael Caine's first Rolls Royce car.
There are no man-management responsibilities in this position; it is entirely hands-on. However, candidates must be able to work well cross-departmentally and able to develop relationships with staff from other departments.
IT Infrastructure Manager - Key Skills:
We want to speak with 3rd Line IT Infrastructure Engineers, hands-on IT Infrastructure Managers, 3rd Line Support Engineers, Server Support Engineers, Network Support Engineers, Systems Support Engineers, and other IT professionals with comparable job titles.
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Be fully conversant with Windows Server support, maintenance, and administration.
- Have solid experience with Windows AD administration.
- Have prior experience supporting Windows desktops, including software applications.
- Understand and ideally experience migrating on-premises Windows AD to Azure AD.
- Have enthusiasm for networking and LAN/WAN troubleshooting.
- Understand or have prior experience with NAS or SAN storage systems.
- Be familiar or experienced with HP servers, switches, and hardware.
- Have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
All applicants must reside in the UK and have the right to work.
Regarding the position of IT Infrastructure Manager:
You will be part of the IT Infrastructure team, which is in charge of supporting 700 employees and 400 cloud infrastructure servers and on-premises servers.
- Helping develop and implement our client's network infrastructure architectures (LAN and WAN).
- System documentation ensuring efficient knowledge transfer.
- Participating in the national migration from On-Prem Windows AD to Azure AD.
- Providing essential support in installing, managing, and supporting HP servers, HP switches, and Wifi networks.
- Contributing to the design and management of Business Continuity plans.
- Ensuring the network infrastructure and data storage is secure.
- Application layer patching and maintenance.
Salary and Benefits:
Location: London On-premises
Remote Working: No
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays. Rising to 30 days after five years.
- 20% discount in all on-site shops
- 25% discount in museum cafes
- Free entry to a large number of other museums and galleries.
Enhanced maternity and paternity: Yes
- Access to Child care vouchers.
- Access to in-house training programmes and development.
For more information on this IT Infrastructure Manager position, please contact us to discuss.
Our client welcomes everyone. They celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join and be themselves at work.
< Go back to candidate page