IT Technical Support Engineer wanted with infrastructure and server support experience.
On offer is an extraordinary career opportunity to work for a world-renowned museum. Our client is engaging in a multi-million-pound digital transformation programme, bringing collections of objects and stories to digital life and giving insight into people’s experiences like never before.
Don’t settle for the ordinary aim for the extraordinary. Contact us for an interview.
This opportunity may be extra special and exciting if you are an aviation enthusiast. Call us now for the big reveal!
IT Technical Support Engineer - Key Skills:
We are keen to speak to IT Infrastructure Engineers, Server Support Engineers, IT Support Engineers, Network Support Engineers, Systems Support Engineers or IT professionals holding similar job titles.
To be successful within this role, you will:
- Be conversant with supporting, maintaining and administering Windows Servers.
- Have experience with Windows AD administration.
- Be familiar with good backup practices and tape backup technology (e.g. Veeam).
- Have experience with LAN/WAN troubleshooting.
- Know about or have experience with NAS or SAN Systems.
- Know about capacity planning.
- Have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
All applicants must reside in the UK and have the right to work.
About the IT Technical Support Engineer role:
You will be part of a team of three whose core work includes the procurement, development, installation and maintenance of computer hardware, (data) network services and software.
- Providing corporate support and managing our client’s digital asset management infrastructure.
- Managing the day-to-day operations using the ITIL framework.
- Using the Service Desk to make sure all incidents/ are dealt with effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Providing technical knowledge and guidance on Network Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows Server), IP and associated network environments.
- Identifying resource requirements for the infrastructure and technical systems.
- Implementing updates, upgrades and patches promptly to limit the loss of service.
Salary and Benefits:
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays. Rising to 30 days after five years.
- 20% discount in all on-site shops
- 25% discount in museum cafes
- Free entry to a large number of other museums and galleries.
Enhanced maternity and paternity: Yes
- Access to Child care vouchers.
- Access to in-house training programmes and development.
For more information on this IT Technical Support Engineer position, please contact us to discuss.
Our client welcomes everyone. They celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join and be themselves at work.
< Go back to candidate page